Myths and Untruths of Development of Cancer(s)
By Dr. Michael Badanek BS, DC, CNS, DACBN, DCBCN, CTTP, MSGR./CHEV.
There is a tremendous amount of conflicting information about Cancer. There seems to be so many opinions of the etiology (cause), who is at the high risk and how to properly diagnose and treat the condition(s) on a conservative basis. Which ones are true facts and which are myths? Some of the truths behind common misconceptions about Cancer will surprise you.
FIVE COMMON MYTHS ABOUT CANCER
1. Cancer is genetic so nothing can prevent the disease whether or not you are diagnosed. This is one of the biggest myths because experts estimate that more than half of cancer diagnoses can be prevented. Less than 5 percent of all cancers have a genetic link. The vast majority of all cancers are caused by environmental toxicity.
2. Alcohol is good for my health. While a glass of wine has been proven beneficial to heart health, alcohol causes chronic inflammation due to a very high of carbohydrates (sugar) which both triggers cancers and feeds cancers. A state of chronic inflammation has been linked to Cancer, Diabetes, and many neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases.
3. People with Cancer should rest as much as possible. While adequate rest of at least 7 hours uninterrupted each evening is essential for good health, experts advise against isolation and inactivity, which can let to increased fatigue, depressed immune system and depression. Peoples must be active with Cancer in order to move and circulated the lymphatic system which causes proper circulation of good blood and nutrients to the Cancer and flushes away the bad waste products toxic to the body. Patients who exercise regularly have a higher rate of survival and maintain a more positive outlook throughout their recovery process.
4. The Foods and Drink you consume has no effect in the prevention and treatment of Cancer. This is probably the biggest of all the misconceptions and myths. Foods high in refined sugars, refined sodium (table salt), and unhealthy fats (transfatty acids) all have been shown in countless studies in influence cellular changes (mutation) which leads to cancer. Cancer cells consume more sugar for fuel than any other cells in the body. Conversely, if one consumes a diet of organic foods with vitamin and mineral nutrients that prevent cellular deterioration and mutation of the genes your chances of preventing and beating the devastating disease may occur.
5. Obesity doesn’t increase the risk of Cancers. With 60 -75 per cent of the American public classified as obese or overweight, we as a nation are becoming more prone to Cancers as documented in the peer review medical literature. Experts agree the hundreds of cancer cases are directly related to carrying excessive weight. One of the primary reasons is that fat cells produce a hormone called aromatase which produces estrogen which acts as a fertilizer for cancer cells.
Shockingly, the major organizations that are considered the “leading Authorities” on what causes cancers (and how it can be prevented), do not understand nor give credence to the above mentioned statements.
Despite large amounts of scientific from medical journals by independent labs and studies these organizations claim there is NO evidence as to a link between Cancer and:
- Cell phone and power lines
- Hair dyes
- Smart meters
- Wifi connections
- Radiation treatments
- Household cleaners and disinfectants
- Artificial Sweeteners
- Soy products
- Refined Sugar
Myths about cancer are dangerous and so is the medical community’s refusal to look further than “the traditional accepted causes”. As with every part of your life, being informed is your first line of defense in prevention of disease. Making informed decisions based on the facts increases your ability to prevent Cancers and if diagnosed effectively treating and beating it.